Workspaces in a crypto trading terminal
All crypto traders have different appetites for what information they want to see while trading. That’s why we have workspaces. The workspace is how you piece together the trading terminal so you can have it the way you like it. The workspace allows you to combine real-time crypto data and analytics to create an efficient workflow for algorithmic crypto trading, making it easy to manage your algorithmic trading strategies. Essentially, the workspaces are user-driven, fully customizable, and modular. It doesn’t matter if you are a novice or professional trader; with workspaces, you can design the Volven crypto trading terminal to deliver the content and functionalities you need.
For a novice trader, it might be enough to have just Balances, Ticker (market view), and Strategies in a clean and easy setup. While a more advanced crypto trader could be interested in more statistical views, such as Public Trades, filtered to see big movements for Bitcoin to gauge the market in combination with their historical trades and orders. No matter your level of experience, you can build a workspace for your favorite coin, a basket of coins, futures, defi, or any other category you can think of. With our cross-platform synchronization, you can carry your workspace with you.
Volven provides three default workspaces
- Vanilla – Clean and easy workspace, for those who wants a minimalistic crypto trading experience. Perfect for beginners who wants to learn more about algorithmic trading and using a professional trading terminal.
- Slack – Our community favorite which provides more detailed information about the crypto market and your algorithmic trading strategies. Perfect for the average crypto trader.
- Full Monty – Designed for the professionals. This workspace provides traders with a granular view of their accounts and the market. Perfect for those managing multiple accounts, with organized columns to easily separate funds and algo trading activities.
We would like to challenge you to create your trading workspace and share it with us through Discord!
To create your own crypto trading workspace:
- Click the “Menu” button in the top left corner of any module and click “Workspaces – Save as…”
- Inside “save as new”, enter the new name for your personal workspace.
- Now you need Columns to display data from the exchanges. Without Columns, your modules will look like they are empty. To select an existing layout, you can browse our defaults.
- To create a new empty layout, click the “Add empty layout” followed by the “Manage columns…” to add new columns to the layout.